• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

brother-in-law lied to obtain peace bond against me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ozzys_mom

What is the name of your state? virginia

my husband has a peace bond pending against him by our brother-in-law, my sisters husband, for threatening violence which is based on my sisters lie. because she told her husband that my husband threatened hers. i spoke to my brother-in-law and explained it to him that my sister had lied to him again and he said he knew that my husband never threatened him, that they (meaning my husband and sisters husband) had never had a problem, and always got along. i told my brother-in-law that my sister lied. he said he knew that my sister lied to him. then on 10/16/03 my brother-in-law filed the bond based on the lie my sister told him. what are my options? because the peace bond that he filed was based on something he knew for a fact to be a lie because he told me he believed me over her. that he knew my husband had never made a threat against him or anything. what can i do?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">