• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

W

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SaveRapunzel

What options do I have?

What is the name of your state? UT

A few weeks ago my brother and I had a disagreement and started yelling at each other. He can sometimes get really angry and throw things or hit walls. On this night we fought and he was going to go outside, get in his truck that is in our backyard and drive through the fence to leave. I told him to hold on and not do anything stupid. I followed him outside and put my hand on his arm to get his attention and to get him to stop. He turned and pushed me, we wrestled for a second and I got away, came inside my house and called the police. They came and got my statement and his. They ended up giving both of us a ticket for Domestic Violence Assult and Disorderly Conduct.
We are both avid hunters and firearm owners. I want to be a Fish and Game warden when I graduate from college. I know this is going to cause problems for my future aspirations. What could happen? Will I loose my gun owning and possibility for my future career? My court date is on Tuesday so any info soon would be helpful. Thanks

Last edited:

D

dyinginside

well, guess its too late seeing as today is tuesday...so ill just say...good luck

S

SaveRapunzel

Well I went and talked to a lawyer yesterday. He told me that today is just the preliminary hearing and I just have to set a trial date and hire a lawyer. Hopefully everything will work out okay.

S

SaveRapunzel

I just got back from court and everything turned out fine. The prosecuting attorney dropped it to a disorderly conduct.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">