• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cant locate wife w/ kids..need divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

doolok

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Me and my ex have been separated since 1999. I filed for divorce that year, but because no-one could find her, the case was dropped. Good lawyer huh? Anyways, last time I talked to her was February 2003. I am planning on getting married soon, but this is holding me up. I cannot locate her anywhere, no addresses or phone numbers. I need to know a couple of things here..

1-Someone advised a divorce by publication. Is this applicable for my case?

2-The previous court order stated that she must tell me within 60 days her address, yet she has not. This is the same court order that was dropped. Is this still applicable? DHS here in Oklahoma still use it for my child support, so I assume it is, but not sure.

3-Other ideas? I'm not exactly sure what to do here. I feel I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I need to get the divorce going again, but everyone tells me about hiring a private investigator. That costs mucho-dinero, none of which I have.

4-My kids have not been in contact with me since February. They are 6, 4 and 3 years old. The ex will not let them call me, nor will she give me a number to reach her at.

HELP!!

JETX

"1-Someone advised a divorce by publication. Is this applicable for my case?"
*** Probabaly not. And if you did notice that way, it would always be subject to question.

"2-The previous court order stated that she must tell me within 60 days her address, yet she has not. This is the same court order that was dropped. Is this still applicable? DHS here in Oklahoma still use it for my child support, so I assume it is, but not sure."
*** Barring a waiver or dismissal, it would still apply.

"3-Other ideas? I'm not exactly sure what to do here. I feel I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I need to get the divorce going again, but everyone tells me about hiring a private investigator. That costs mucho-dinero, none of which I have."
*** Simply, you are going to have to try to find her by whatever means and costs is necessary. This could be as simple as trying to get information from her family, or doing an online fee-search, to hiring a PI.

"4-My kids have not been in contact with me since February. They are 6, 4 and 3 years old. The ex will not let them call me, nor will she give me a number to reach her at."
*** Okay.

C

coosi

I am planning on getting married soon, but this is holding me up."

Obviously and unfortunately, this will have to take priority over your wedding plans.

Bigfoot

How pathetic that you are more interested in getting remarried than being concerned over the whereabouts and welfare of your children.

D

doolok

show me where it asks for criticism in that post..and I'll reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">