• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damaged PC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Squeek37

What is the name of your state? WI
My personal computer stopped working last February and would not boot up. I didn't know if the processor was bad, so I asked someone I knew that had built a lot of pcs running a side business, if they had something to test a processor. They said that they could just try it in their computer. I gave them the processor later and they tried it in their pc, but it still didn't work. The processor was just plain fried. A month or two later they emailed me saying that I owed them $400 dollars because my processor broke their computer. Their motherboard got messed up by my processor, which then fried their processor when they reinstalled it. They are claiming that because it was my processor, I should pay to fix everything. Is this my fault at all and do they have a small claims case?

JETX

"Is this my fault at all"
*** No.

"and do they have a small claims case?"
*** Based solely on the information in your post, not enough to get a judgment against you.

H

hexeliebe

I'd like to know what Idiot puts a processor (which, incidently must run at the same clock speed and buss speed as the motherboard it was originally installed on) in another computer without first running it through diagnostics.

This guy must be working out of his garage, the same one where the plants are hung upside down to make sure the chemicals get to the buds before harvesting.:rolleyes:

Squeek37

"well first off, how is this your fault. your processor ruined my computer. thats how its your fault. if i took someones car and ran it into a tree, guess who's fault it would be. it sure as hell wouldn't be the fault of the person i borrowed it from. it would be mine." ... "i guess i am partially at fault for letting you try it, so i will only ask you for half, and i would say that is being EXTREMELY generous." -- Their reply to me explaining how it wasn't my fault
*sigh* people

JETX

"if i took someones car and ran it into a tree, guess who's fault it would be. it sure as hell wouldn't be the fault of the person i borrowed it from. it would be mine."
*** My answer to that obviously incorrect 'example' they gave:
I agree. And in this case you took MY processor and drove it into YOUR tree (computer). And you are also responsible for the damage that you did to the tree (computer)!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">