• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will contest trial over

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Justice21

What is the name of your state? kentucky

Dandy Don, thanks for your encouragement in proceeding with the will contest. We had a bench trial and should know the final results in a month or two. Our attorney presented our case very well to the judge and from his reactions I believe and our attorney believes the outcome will be good for us. Basically the two co/executors had a new will written naming themselves the sole beneficiaries, the attorney never met with the deceased and directed his secretary to write the new will and the secretary took the new will out to the assisted living facility, where my wife's great aunt resided, and the attorney's secretary advised the executors and sole benificiaries to arrange for their own witnesses and executed the will with the executors/beneficiaries present in the same room. The executors/beneficiares are not related to the deceased by blood. My wife's great aunt had been dismissed from the hospital for only two weeks when the will was executed and had been diagnosed with dementia while in the hospital and went blind. Attorney's secretary said she read the will to deceased but only the bequest section and since the old will was in a lock box she advised the executors/benficiaries to destroy the old will and their story was that they did at the bank and not in the presence of the deceased. The witnesses that the executors arranged for were the hired sitter that they paid in cash and one of the executors/beneficiaries co/workers that had never met the deceased. The attorney's story was that one of the executors had called and handed the phone to the deceased and he took instructions for the will over the phone. The attorney at the depostion of the deceased's doctor stated that the deceased changed her will so she would not be placed in a nursing home and the doctor agreed with that story. Deceased only lived three weeks after the will was written.

The attorney said at trial that he knew the voice of the deceased because she used to give him milk and cookies on her porch at her farm when he was seven years old. The problem with that story is that the house on the farm was not built until the attorney would have been eighteen years old so he had to wait a long time for those milk and cookies. The attorney has absolutley no respect for the truth or the law. I hope to get him disbarred when this is over.

I may be able to write a book about all that has gone on in this case, but I must decide whether it should be fiction or a comedy. I believe the outcome will be favorable for us because of the level of intelligence on the other side of the courtroom.

Thanks again for your support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">