• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I find a copy of will?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kisykis35

My kids and I live in Wa. state, my ex's grandmother died in Cincinatti Ohio in '96 or '97. When he went to take care of her estate he told us that she had left our girls $10,000 each. At that time my ex and I were divorced and he had custody, I now have custody of the kids and he is telling us that he never told us that, and the kids were not in her will. We dont believe him, they were the only greatgrandkids she ever had and dotted on them. The kids are now to the age where they would like to use that money- if it is there to further their education. How can we get a copy of her will to find out the truth? We do not know who the lawyers were.

Dandy Don

Cincinnati is considered to be located in 2 counties (Hamilton County and Clermont County), so you will need to check at 2 offices, perhaps.

The Hamilton County Probate Courts (in Cincinnati, OH) website can be located via www.hamilton-co.org, then click on the COURTS link on the left-hand side of the page, then click on PROBATE COURT, then click on CASE SEARCH, and you can do an online search to see if your relative's name is listed as having a probate file. If you have problems using that, then you can call them at (513) 946-3588 if you want to order copies of the probate file by mail. If you can't afford to pay for copies of the entire probate file right now, then send me an e-mail message to the e-mail address shown below and I can refer you to someone in Cincinnati who can go look at the file for you free or charge or for a small fee.

If you don't find anything in Hamilton County Court, then you will want to also check in Clermont County Probate Court (Batavia, OH) at (513) 732-7308.

After all of this time it seems as if your family would have been notified if the money had been there, but you are right to check up on it to see if perhaps the money was stolen or if something else may have happened. You never can tell, there just might be something there. If possible you should also inquire by looking at the file or by having someone ask the probate court clerk's office whether an executor's bond was required for this estate or not. If bond was required it might be possible for you to file a claim with the bonding insurance company if you can prove that monies were stolen from you that you should have received from the estate. Good luck with your research, and let this message board know how things turned out, one way or another.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">