• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Venue/Small Claims/Corporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Athelas52

What is the name of your state? California

The property is in Utah, I am in Northern California and the old mortgage company is in Southern California. I refinanced the mortgage to get rid of the usurious Southern California outfit. I read the contract and refinanced when the prepayment penalty wouldn't apply. They applied it anyway.
After several go-rounds with them I am ready for small claims court. The question is...Which venue?
The breach of contract took place in my home when I opened the mail telling me that I was a sucker and outta luck. They will probably challenge that venue because they are in the lower part of the state and can't dip into their gazillion dollar small change fund to appear here. The original note was signed in Utah with a company that sold the note to this L.A. outfit.
I will file it in my local venue, then file in theirs if mine is shot down by the local Santa Clara County Corporate lovin' NeoConpassionless Conservative (Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific Railroad gave us the legal fiction that corporations have the same if not more rights than human persons).
HiHo. And so on...
Any commiseration appreciated
Thanx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">