• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold an item before I filed...HELP!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tnw0939

I live in Texas.

My husband & I seperated two months ago. I sold a big screen TV for $2000 and gave my husband half of what I got for it. The divorce have not been filed yet. Can he hold that against me in court? Will the order me to pay him the other $1000 for sell this property without his permission? This TV was bought during the marriage.

Jeter

Texas does not have legal seperation. You are either married or divorced. Therefore, until the date the judge signs the Final Decree of Divorce, your assets and liabilities are community property.

T

tnw0939

Items sold

Which means what? I gave him half of what theTV sold for. Will they order me to pay him for the whole TV since Isold w/o his permission?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">