• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Same claim, same case title.. mediating twice?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Belle81

I don't know....what should I do....

What is the name of your state? OH

I post my questions again |
v

Last edited:

B

Belle81

:(

really nobody can help a 20-year-old person......?
sight..........:( I don't have any experience likes this

dakoto70

maybe

Maybe if you wrote the paragraph so people could understand it and used spell check you might get more help.

B

Belle81

Sorry, I have been living here in US for only 2 years.
I know my English is not quite good, but I don¡¦t think that someone should laugh? Well I try to say it in a simple way:

After a rental car accident, my friend and I have mediation for rental car damage, and we made an agreement. According to the agreement, I should pay her the sum of $1,750 by 10/31.
However, on 9/25, I got her email, she said the rental car company has sent her a letter and charged her $400 for car towing and garage. She doesn¡¦t want to pay and she thinks that I have the responsibility for paying. That¡¦s the reason for her to set up our second mediation on 11/6.
For me, this is irrational; she thought the¡§ compensation including towing fee¡¨, but that towing charge comes 3 months after we made the agreement.

English is my fourth language, that¡¦s the problem for me¡Xto understand ¡§what the contract says¡¨ (sigh¡K.) I know the word ¡§sum¡¨ on the contract means ¡§total amount that I have to pay¡¨.

I just want to know:

1) Do you think I have the responsibility?

2) Does the charge included to the whole compensation even it comes after the agreement?

I appreciate if someone could understand my words. Thank you.

A

Aequitas

Can't help, but kudos for learning four languages. You don't write English bad at all, I've seen Americans much worse. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">