• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confussed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sevenout

What is the name of your state? La.

My wife told me she wasnts a divorce, she has talked to a lawyerand he suggested getting something called a pre-divorce dicree. She states that it is does not mean either of us can persue other bodily company, it states that any bills that either of us incure wont go on eithers credit. I would like to know if this is an attempt for her to start seeing anyone bofore the divorce is final? Is this a legal way for her to commit adultry?

thank sevenout

H

hexeliebe

She can start seeing someone, even having monkey sex on the dinning room table, with or without the agreement.

Adultry is not grounds for much these days except for the divorce. And only in rare circumstances will more come of it.

Hell, if she wants to see other people have a party, play twister and see what happens

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sevenout said:
What is the name of your state? La.

My wife told me she wasnts a divorce, she has talked to a lawyerand he suggested getting something called a pre-divorce dicree. She states that it is does not mean either of us can persue other bodily company, it states that any bills that either of us incure wont go on eithers credit. I would like to know if this is an attempt for her to start seeing anyone bofore the divorce is final? Is this a legal way for her to commit adultry?

thank sevenout

My response:

It wouldn't matter if it is "an attempt" for her to commit adultery. Louisiana is a "No Fault" divorce State; that is, "adultery" is not a "ground" for divorce. So, she could be "stepping out" on you right now, and it wouldn't matter to the State in a divorce action.

So, it would appear that you're wife wants to merely separate from you, which would entail a separation of finances.

You can't stop the divorce. Either party can file for divorce, and it could be ended at any time after six months of living apart.

IAAL

kwalla

Just a quick note concerning

"it states that any bills that either of us incure wont go on eithers credit"

Creditors will not acknowledge any agreement between you and your wife concerning your credit responsibilities. If either of you run up the credit cards that are held jointly, you are both responsible for those debts.

I would close out all joint accounts and obtain credit in your own name. My two cents anyway :)

Jeter

Nothing beats monkey sex on the diningroom table! LOL! I'd have to see that....between two people of course, not monkeys!:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">