• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

financial seperation order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

linjon

What is the name of your state? SC

my husband and i married in 1986. We had some problems and went to court and obtained a financial seperation order in 1992. we were back together within a week and have been together ever since. my problem is we are going to build a house and we need to do whatever we need to in order to dissolve the order. Can we simply renew our wedding vows to achieve this? i certainly hope we don't have to go through with a divorce so we can get married again!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

L

lostagain

an idea

I'm not a lawyer but it seems that perhaps your best bet (cheapest/simplest) would be to file a motion requesting modification of that order - or requesting a motion that it be "dissolved - terminated" or whatever the word would be in court. If you must modify versus terminate - then you and your partner should write up a fair agreement (such as 50/50 or whatever your financial situation dictates as fair to you) that could be possibly accepted by the courts as a renegotiation of the previous order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">