• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trulv

What is the name of your state? Texas
I am needing to get a divorce from my husband, But he has ran off to Florida to be with his girlfriend. I have no contact information for him. How do I proceed with a divorce if I have no way of getting him served? I cannot keep my life on hold not knowing when he will return to take care of this. Need Help!:confused:

Last edited:

L

Ladyleggs33

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your problem. Do you know about where in Fl he is?? You do not need him there to get divorced. Or I should say at least in Indiana you do not need to. I do think you can divorce him with out him being there. My ex-husband and I divorced that way. (The person that has to be in court is the one that wanted the divorce first.) My ex-husband would not come to the court house, so the judge asked me some questions and claimed us divorced. So call your court house and find out from them what you can do. If you need to have him served, then you might have to do a bit of looking to find out where he is. I do think that just even the city is good enough. You might want to ask, if the police will find him, that is who does the serving, here in Indiana. Good luck to you

Last edited:
O

OnlyOneVoice

Same is true in Texas I did it.

You petition, they attempt to locate, when they can't they file a motion to the court stating that he could not be served.

So in that case the petition for Divorce is heard with the respondant inabsencia.

You will be divorced by default, or 'FAILURE TO RESPOND' by your spouse.

Only signatures on my divorce decree are mine, my attorney, and the Judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">