• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separated for 8 years she has the kids and I don't know where they are

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

ballofdoof

What is the name of your state? Texas.

I have been seperated from my wife for 8 years. We have two children together. She left and I have no idea where she is or the children. We were both very young. I have grown up. I have a new relationship and would like to get divorced from my wife so that I may re-marry and start a new life. How can I divorce her if I have no idea where she is?

B

ballofdoof

divorce w/out whereabouts of spouce and childeren

thank you for the advice... but what do you do when you have minor childeren... mine are close to the age of 10

B

ballofdoof

we had a few brief contacts over the years but she would never tell me where she was... in total we have talked at most 5 mins in the past 8 years

stephenk

for the few years you were married, did you file taxes? If yes, do you still have her social security number? If yes, any reputable private investigator can run the number and find out where she is working.

B

ballofdoof

no i dont know her ssn and as far as her family we didnt get along .. the only ones i remotely got along with were her grandparents and they have passed away

B

ballofdoof

so no i dont know where to find her family either... her mother and brother and sister all moved frequently... and unless she has changed alot she will not be working

B

ballofdoof

sorry also she got ahold of me since my family hasnt moved or changed their ph number in 27 years

Bigfoot

This post sounds hauntingly close to another from last week. I'll give you the same response: it's pathetic that the more important goal to you is to get married--not to find out the health and well-being of your children. Perhaps she's the one who really grew up, and managed to get a quickie divorce by declaring you as absent--which appears to be true.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I have to agree this time, Bigfoot. Not a mention of the kids besides the first one. Pretty sad, if you ask me.

T

tnw0939

Texas is a "No Fault Divorce" state which means if you want a divorce...you get it. Your spouse does not have to agree to the divorce. Go to your local law library to find out how you would do this when the other spouse is missing in action or consult with a lawyer in your area.

Last edited:
B

ballofdoof

well thanks for turning an advice forum into judging forum... been apart for 8 years and quickie divorce LOL...i appriciate yalls help

T

tnw0939

I am not judging you I am telling you what I was told by my lawyer. Don't listen to what this other person is saying. IF you are concerned aobut your kids then find them. Once you file for the divorce then the the judge will ask you if there were any children and then you explain your issue. You can't help if she will not tell you where they are. Handle your business. I highly recommend you go to the law library. It help me alot in my situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">