• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal abuse accusation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Archerp

I am in Texas. My wife moved out and took our 2 boys ages 3 and 5 one month ago. She is claiming verbal abuse. I claim she has a chemical imbalance. No one has taken legal action. I am going for consultation this week with an attorney. I am not abusive. I am seeing however that convincing those who don't know me of this may be difficult. How will this affect my divorce if I choose to file? How will it affect our divorce if she files first? Should I point out the mental problems I believe she has or will it just make me look like another jaded, abusive husband trying to divert? (She has been taking saratonin reuptake inhibitors on and off for the past 2 or 3 years.)

Last edited:

T

tnw0939

Consult with that lawyer. Texas is a no fault divorce. This lawyer will tell you that. Also go to the law library in your area. It has a lot of good information that may also help you.

JETX

"Texas is a no fault divorce"
*** Actually, that is true only to a very limited extent.

Texas law recognizes only the following grounds as sufficient for granting a no-fault divorce: (1) the marriage has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities that has destroyed the legitimate ends of the marriage relationship and prevents and reasonable expectation of reconciliation; or (2) living separate and apart without cohabitation for three years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">