• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal seperation, self preservation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Archerp

I am in Texas. Wife and 2 kids have moved out and 70 miles away for one month now. We are trying to reconcile but situation is very unstable and money is becoming an issue. How do I legally seperate? What do I need to do to protect myself. I, of coarse have every intention of supporting financially all that i can but she is so unpredictable at this point I need to cover all bases. Please advise.

VeronicaGia

First, an excellent website for fathers: www.deltabravo.net

Second, once she's in a separate county or state for six months, she is considered a resident there. You need to take the bull by the horns and file for divorce, and either custody/joint custody or visitation.

T

tnw0939

I am kinda going through the same issue. I to live in texas. There is no legal separation in Texas. You either file for divorce or not. You can get Temporary orders on what you want to do financially as far as paying bills and child support, etc. Go to your local law library (which is usually in the county courthouse) for more info or contact a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">