• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unadopt?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

John Galt

What is the name of your state? MI

How does one "un-adopted" ?

j g

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I don't think you can. Kids aren't like puppies - you can't give them back when they mess on your carpet.

nextwife

ARe you asking for the adoptee or adoptor?

Anyway, I do know a number of parents whose kids were adopted out of "disruptions". Here is a good resourceof disruption links:

http://www.karensadoptionlinks.com/disrupt.html

THere are also support resources for parents to find help for severe issues, and, residential placement, when warranted for children who are posing a danger to younger siblings.

3kidsmom

Nextwife....

I would like to know as an adoptee.... (sorry about the thread hijack...)

nextwife

For the adult adoptee, no legal action is necessary to discontinue their legal obligation. THey have none, They are not obligated to support, assist, visit or talk to the adoptor, if that is their wish. They can legally change their name and refuse any contact. A legal action for this is unnecessary, they already have this right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">