• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

caitmom

What is the name of your state? CA

My husband has four credit cards and one has a big balance. Am I responsible for paying them off since he died?

Sears told me that I'm not responsible for payment, but could if I wanted to. They would take a settlement which I agreed to pay within the month. The others told me to write a letter and ask for a settlement. That would so much easier than going to Probate court.

Why do I have to go thru Probate court for such a small estate (50,000.00). Thanks

VeronicaGia

Does he have kids from another relationship? If so, they are entitled to whatever CA law states they are entitled to. You must be the administrator of the estate, and in order to do that, you will have to file with the probate court.

I believe IAAL suggested you hire a probate attorney. You should do this right away.

C

caitmom

probate court

Hi,
Yes, he has a son from a previous marriage. Thanks for the info. I think I will go to a paralegal instead. I don't want to have to sell this mobile home until next year. Our daughter has started school and it would not be fair to her to move during this year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">