• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I get my money back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dmackenzie

What is the name of your state? Maine
I got married on July 5,2003. I recently went to get a copy of my marraige certificate and they didn't have it. I have contacted the person who married us and she said she had mailed it. She told me she would check her records and get back to me. It has been 10 days and tried to call her but no answer. Can I sue her for not complying by sending the marraige license and making sure it got there? In Maine they have 10 - 21 days to do this.

Bigfoot

Did you check to see if the license is filed? If so, a copy may be at the courthouse. If you sue, what are your specific damages?

JETX

Re: oh, I know!

legalbattles said:
The licence was not issued because they wanted to make sure first that you know how to spell MARRIAGE! j/k
*** Don't you just LOVE these twits who post about someone elses misspelling and they can't spell themselves??? It is spelled LICENSE!!!
Geez, what a twit!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">