• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

denise2r

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
My apologies for the length of this........
I was a member of a group of about 15 people planning on attending Burning Man this past labor day week-end. Most of us camped together the year before with minimal problems and I thought the group 'management' was trustworthy. I paid my camp dues of $140.00 plus an RV share at a cost of $450.00 plus $50.00 cleaning deposit. The main person running this group announced that he would not be able to continue 'managing' our group due to health problems and a friend of his was going to take over his responsibilities. To cut a long story short, the group fell apart and in July I received an email from the group leader asking if I was still planning on being in the RV share, and if I was that I was the only person left still planning to attend and would need to find a way to get the RV from Arizonza to Nevada or I could be in the group next year (2004). I replied via email asking for my money back and received no response. All totalled, I lost $640.00 in camp payments, $600.00 for airfare, and $225.00 for the event ticket. This is alot of money to me. The original group leader lives in Shrewsberry Mass, he is the person to whom all money was paid. The other lives somewhere in Arizona. Is there anything I can do to at least get my $640.00 back? Thanks very, very much for your help.

Last edited:

JETX

You need to make your demands on the person who YOU paid to (the 'original' leader'). He is the only person who MAY have a contractual relationship to you. The 'replacement' leader does NOT have a contractual obligation to you since you never dealt with him directly.

So, send your demand letter (by certified RRR) to the 'original' leader for compensation of the moneys you paid him. The issue of airline tickets, etc. are separate and would need to be based on any contractual agreement for them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">