• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Jury Trial and Attorneys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

VickyVM

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

If I am the defendant in a civil case, and I do not have an attorney but my accuser does, what happens in court? Am I gonna get slaughtered?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

VickyVM said:
What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Am I gonna get slaughtered?

==================================

My response:

In a word, yes.

Look, we attorneys don't go through years of school, and more years of practice, just to lose to some cow-eyed local yokal.

We're in business to win, not lose.

You're "dead meat".

IAAL

A

aratski

It can be done but I don't recommend it.

I was the plaintiff and not represented. Defendant was represented. I had enough evidence to prove my case to the judge and won. It is very nerve wracking. Lawyers know what they are doing, just as you know what you are doing for your specified profession.

After reviewing the tape of the hearing that day, I saw how flustered I was and how the defendants attorney seemed to think he had it in the bag. I managed to still win however and it felt great to be a nobody and win over a lawyer....however, again I wouldn't recommend it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">