• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Closing probate - executor fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hollytabor

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Background:
Insane, greedy relative named executor of will.
Insane, greedy relative threatening to take "a lot" (his words) in executor fees.
Can't find any information on Illinois law concerning executor fees - except they need to be "reasonable".
I have a feeling (family has been talking) executor will want 10K in executor fees - even 5K in my humble opinion would be too much since estate was not large and only thing of value was a residential property that was sold by the executor.

Questions:
Upon closing probate, does an executor have to have an accounting of all hours spent performing duties related to the estate?
And ... as an heir, do I have the right to object to the executor fees if they are substantial?
If I do, when does this take place? Before probate closes - will I be notified when probate is to close?

Basically, what happens when probate closes?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">