• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Bussiness Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mimsand

What is the name of your state? GA

I have a Musical Group here in the Atlanta area. Band members come and go often however, I recently had a mass exodus.
Recently fired a band member and the remainder of the band resigned. The former members of the band are now marketing themselves as "Michael's band without Michael". They are contacting and persuing contacts and customers that I cultivated and still do business with.
The band is a LLC Corporation and I am Pres. None of these former members are officers of any kind.
What recourse do I have to stop this?

Michael

JETX

"What recourse do I have to stop this?"
*** Based on your post, none.
They are not in violation of any apparent laws in banding together and using a different 'name' than your LLC. In fact, you can put your own band together and name it, "Michael's band, with Michael".

HomeGuru

mimsand said:
What is the name of your state? GA

I have a Musical Group here in the Atlanta area. Band members come and go often however, I recently had a mass exodus.
Recently fired a band member and the remainder of the band resigned. The former members of the band are now marketing themselves as "Michael's band without Michael". They are contacting and persuing contacts and customers that I cultivated and still do business with.
The band is a LLC Corporation and I am Pres. None of these former members are officers of any kind.
What recourse do I have to stop this?

**A: Michael, can you tell me how you can be a President of a Limited Liabilty Company Corporation? And what the heck is an LLC Corporation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">