• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FYI - trustee update

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Ksajb

What is the name of your state? SC, trust in MI, Trustee in CA

Okay so I got all excited about receiving a copy of the trust two weeks ago. Now things are back to the 'stalling' point. I think the trustee (big brother) thought that after a year, we'd all be happy just to receive a copy, thinking it could buy him some more time. Just a re-cap, the trust lawyer will no longer communicate with me (listed as one of 4 beneficiaries of the trust) and he suggests that I speak with my brother who continues to avoid any communication with us. The atty is also listed as a mediator in the trust so now we have to do some leg work in order to use him, I guess.

As suggested by another atty, three of us have sent a certified letter demanding disbursement by 11/10/03 and have asked for a list of assets by that time, also. Without the letter, we won't have a dispute.

Here is my question: We're avoiding probate at all costs but what if my brother forces us to go to court? Who pays for that? Will the cost come out of his inheritance or all of ours?

The very weird thing about this is that we're all very close and watch out for eachother. What happens to someone you love to make them appear so totally out of wack?!!!!!

Thanks for bearing with me through this soap-opera saga. I've received a bunch of insight but know the day is coming when one of you tell me to 'shut-up already'!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">