• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parents getting divorce dad shares car title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kittygirl96

I live in Kentucky. My parents are seperating and may be getting a divorce. My question is should I have my car title changed since my dad's name is also on the title. My fiance is afraid that the car may end up in the fight or sold to pay off thier debts. I paid for the car, but at the time I was in college. Since I was in school the insurance company made me have my dad's name on it before they would let be carried under his insurance. Now that I am out and the seperation is occuring, should I change the title to just my name? I hate to do it if I shouldn't worry because I don't want to hurt him any more than what has already occured.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">