• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ATV buyer suing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Vectorfisher

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
I plan to appeal a decision a magistrate awarded against myself last week, I sold an ATV and the buyer broke it the first day and decided to sue, for $ 1000.00 the asking price, he paid $ 900.00 in cash and $ 100.00 in the form of a check in which he put a stop payment. The magistrate ordered I pay $ 1000.00 plus $ 40.00 court fee's and take the ATV they broke back. I have over $ 1000.00 in receipts for parts for this ATV and it left my house in excellent condition. I have read the consumer protection laws and do not believe they apply to any of this, I am also a private party selling, not a "dealer". Do they have a leg to stand on and why was I ruled against when I have broken no laws, I do not feel I am liable for any of this and would just like to put this to rest in my appeal.

JETX

"Do they have a leg to stand on and why was I ruled against when I have broken no laws,"
*** There is simply no way to answer your questions without a review of ALL the facts and having access to the legal proceedings. Appeal the decision (if allowed by your state) and get an attorney, because it appears the defendant MAY have some SOMETHING to explain his actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">