• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TV Court show

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alshar

What is the name of your state? NC

I was contacted by a TV Court show , "Judge Judy" , this past Friday and told that I was being sued. They wanted further info and of course to know if I had interest in the show. This was the first I have heard of the suit, but they said I should be expecting to be served soon if I wasn't already. I asked how they got the info, and they said they have local people who report such lawsuits to the show.

Is this accurate information? If I have been sued, how long does it usually take to get the papers? Is there a way I can find out sooner?

Thanks.

I got this call once. The good part is that if you lose... the show pays the damages for you.

Remember lawsuits are public records... so they probably get abstracts from the courthouse the day the cases are filed. You can go down to your local court and ask to see the document. You might even want to call the producer up and get the case number.

BL

Not only will they pay the Judgment, You will be on National TV,get paid air fair,hotel,meals,travel,etc. Sort a like a mini vacation.

Don't push the Judge she's a Meany. lol

PS let me know what date & time and the Parties names so I can watch ya .. : )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">