• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transferring house to a living trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Liz Bleicher

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I am trying to use a quitclaim deed to transfer our home into a living trust. I'm a bit confused on what to put for the "second party". Usually this would be the "buyer" but in the case of a living trust I'm not sure if it should be the name of my husband and myself (example: John and Jane Doe). Or if it should be the name of the living trust (John and Jane Doe's Living Trust).

Also can I put in $0 for the "selling price".

Thank you

Dandy Don

Go to the library and check out a few books about living trusts to get guidelines. If you can afford the services of a trust attorney for advice, you really should consult one, because errors could be costly later on when the terms of the trust are being carried out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">