• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Abandonment question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CHollman82

What is the name of your state? New York

Hi, My name is Chris, my girlfriend Chrissy is married and in the process of getting divorced/legally seperated. Neither of us make much money and are barely making ends meet so it is taking a long time. The problem is we recently found out that her husband is planning on abandoning the trailor that is in both of their names and moving to Kentucky. The trailor is paid for but the lot lease is several months behind. The lot lease was all paid up when she left, he has not payed it since. Also, there is a $1400 dollar electric bill that was both of their responsibilities. He recently agreed to and gave her $500 for his "half" of the electric bill and for her right to the other half of the trailor cost, which I thought was very generous of her, considering that if this was actually split 50/50 it would have cost him twice that. Now he is being an ******* and leaving this weekend, abandoning the trailor and the back lot payments. Please help us stop him from dumping the back lot leases and trailor on us, we really cannot afford it, or a lawyer to take him to court over it. Please help

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well, ya know..... this is the sort of sh*t that happens in a divorce. And only one of the reasons why it's a really crappy idea to get invoved with a married person. You're not responsible, but your sweetie is - as far as the creditors are concerned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">