• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taken to court over counterfeit item?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mbm22mbm

What is the name of your state? California

I worked for a woman that sold counterfeit purses in her tanning salon. I bought one from her and we agreed that I would pay 100-150 dollars for it. She wanted me to give her cash for it when i saw her in person because she didn't want a record of the transaction. I ended up quitting my job a day or two later. We agreed that I would give her the money and the keys to the salon when she gave me my check the next week. When my check was deposited i found out that she deducted over 300 dollars from my pay check. I asked her why and she said that she found a buyer for the purse and charged me the amount she would have charged the customer. I told her that we had an oral agreement and that I would report her to the labor commission. She said that if i did that she would say that i stole the purse.

My question is: Can a person take another person to court over an illegal item. Does a judge have the authority to enforce an oral agreement over an illegal item (counterfeit purse)?

BL

If this is truly counterfeit ( illegal activity ) you would well to NOT bring up the subject .

Demand that you be paid the balance of your full pay you were due.
If they refuse sue for the difference. Keeping it totally focused on wages only.

They can say what they want. They would have to be totally ignorant to tell the court you stole an illegal item that they had for sale.

I'm not condoning your activities from being involved in this act either, but don't expect to go into a court admitting you Agreed to have an illegal item cast into the litigation and win.

Keep it to the wages and deny having any part of the sale(s) of illegal purses. Don't even speak to the other party of it any more,just demand the pay difference be paid to you .

JETX

Contact your state labor department and file a complaint for unauthorized deductions from your pay. Let her try to argue the legality of deductions for a counterfeit item.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">