• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Sued ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

acidpool

The name of my state is California, i was just wondering i was convicted of misdemeanor, Defacing property/Destroying prop. Any way we had to pay reperations to the victim according to what the damage was . Now shes suing all that were involved for more money in civil court. I just got supioned! My question is can i win the case by saying i already paid her/her insurance said was owed? And also Should i go find a lawyer or go it alone ? also what steps should i take first ? I already paid alot of money and i dont work so i dont have alot of money ! So please help ! Also wondering if i could countersue because ive been having probs dealing with every thing that happened any way thx for any help you could give me !

Last edited:

JETX

"My question is can i win the case by saying i already paid her/her insurance said was owed?"
*** That would depend on the FULL facts of what she is claiming and what you claim has been paid.

"And also Should i go find a lawyer or go it alone ?"
*** That would depend on what claims she is making and what defense you might have.

"also what steps should i take first ?"
*** First thing you need to do is to answer her summons in order to protect your rights in court.

"Also wondering if i could countersue because ive been having probs dealing with every thing that happened any way"
*** Based solely on the information in your post, you don't appear to have a valid cause of action. So, EXACTLY what damages have YOU incurred as a result of someone elses actions??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">