• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IAAL-How Safe Is Elec Filing in CA?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sevengables

What is the name of your state? CA/TX

I need to file a response in CA. My husband has filed for divorce asking for alimony/atty fees. At this point I'm handling paperwork myself and am a paralegal but have been "out of the loop" for almost 10 yrs. I have all forms, rules, etc. My question: Is electronic filing available to everyone and is it safe? I'm sure I'd have to hard copy file in addition to online filing. I just want to make sure it gets there on time

Does anyone know anything about "telephonic appearances"? I can't leave Tx as I am the sole caregiver for my elderly ill parents who are on oxygen. I've called the court clerk who wasn't very helpful or clear. She said possibly I could have one tele appearance. At this time I can't afford an atty to even go to hearings (they charge 500+ for 1 appearance) as I'm also a PT student while taking care of parents. I don't qualify for legal aid as I don't reside in CA....so telephonic appearance is my only option at this point. Is there any law that states the courts must allow tele appearance in special circumstances? I've searched CCP and local rules but find little.

All help will be appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">