• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recovering my expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jon Conte

What is the name of your state? ma

i am a store owner. a customer brought in an authentic philadelphia eagles football jersey to me. he requested that we remove the current name and apply the name: mcnabb. we did not, could not, tell him how much it would cost. he did not indicate that he was price sensitive. we sent the jersey out to the local embroiderer. several weeks later the jersey came back complete. we told the customer that it was ready and the cost is $65.00. he now told us that he will not pay that and he is willing to pay $35.00.

now, my question, is it within my rights, to recoupe this money by selling it in my store? or do i have to give it to him for whatever pitance he is willing and at his conveniance give me?

JETX

"is it within my rights, to recoupe this money by selling it in my store?"
*** Generally, no. What EXACTLY is your published (notice in store, on receipt, or other agreement) policy as to abandoned property??

"or do i have to give it to him for whatever pitance he is willing and at his conveniance give me?"
*** Based solely on the information in your post, you simply state the cost for your services. He can either pay it or refuse. If he refuses, then you can send him a demand letter (certified mail) detailing the conditions of possible abandonment and disposal of uncollected merchandise.
If he wishes, he can file a lawsuit against you, but again based on your post, I doubt that he would succeed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">