• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Former Employee Woes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mimsand

What is the name of your state? GA
Employee resigns my business.
Starts own shop.
Contacts my customers soliciting business and tells my customers I am out of business. I am not, they are simply trying to get business from me by being dishonest/malice.

What to do?? Small claims? Damages? Open to ideas. Gotta do something. I am a little guy.

Michael

JETX

"What to do??"
*** There are lots of things you can do. What you actually do will depend on what actions you want to take and how much money you want to spend. I would suggest starting with a very simple 'mail out' to your customers telling them that you are still in business. This can be done with a simple "Contrary to rumors you may have heard, we are alive and well and ready to do business with you."

"Small claims?"
*** No. Small claims only hears money issues.

"Damages?"
*** What are you claiming and how do you PROVE them?

M

mimsand

This has actually cost me a canceled order or two. In excess of $1000.00.
Can I get this out of their butt in small claims>??
I can prove by the tesimony of my customers that have been contacted.
I am willing to spend the money yes.

Michael

M

mimsand

I hope you're indication is I have a chance for success in small claims.

Thank You.
Michael

JETX

Of course you have a chance. The likelihood depends entirely on your ability to show the court what you say here:
"This has actually cost me a canceled order or two. In excess of $1000.00.
I can prove by the tesimony of my customers that have been contacted.
I am willing to spend the money yes."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">