• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can engagment hurt my case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kldr77

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I have filed for divorce and am waiting my date for court. I have a boyfriend who I met after I left my husband. He wants to get married. If I am engaged at the time of my hearing will it hurt my divorce case and my custody case. Please help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Kldr77 said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
I have filed for divorce and am waiting my date for court. I have a boyfriend who I met after I left my husband. He wants to get married. If I am engaged at the time of my hearing will it hurt my divorce case and my custody case. Please help.

My response:

What engagement? You're not engaged, and have no plans to be engaged - - or even remarried for that matter!

An engagement is not a "public" event, nor is it "recorded" with the State.

Catch my drift?

IAAL

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What's the hurry? For heaven's sake - take the time to finish your divorce and get yourself back on your feet emotionally. Unless you enjoy the process so much you'd like to set yourself up for a second ride on the roller coaster.

2timearound

let me tell you I got married 6 months after my first marriage ended and I am now getting a divorce a second time after 16 years. Wait at least a year before even thinking about getting married again at least many of the scars from the first breakup will be gone somewhat:) :) :)

yessy

well you never know what life will bring on the way. now you may think you are happy and it will last for ever and yes it might or may not . but you never know. to me 16 years is a long time to be with someone, now a days!!:rolleyes: People get divorced after 40 years of marriage but all i can say is as long as both of you do your part you'll be okay!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">