• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I be sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Griffster1970

What is the name of your state? Washington

my ex-girlfriend is telling me she is going to sue me for money she put into our relationship can she do that?
she says before we met that she had $2800 in savings, we moved in together and got a joint account together, during the 4 months of living her total deposits were about 7700 and my total deposits were 16000, but she says I spent more money then she did so I owe her the savings back even thought she put it in our checking. She also loaned my brother about 1500 now she wants that back and says that i am responible for paying my brothers debt. when we broke up i agreed that i would pay her sear mc which is 3900 and she pays her bank of america mc there were things we bought together, now she wants me to pay sears mc and pay her the amount of her savings that she put into the joint checking account, can she sue me for that? I mean it was a joint checking account and I did put in much more then she did?
we also bought a truck together, i told her i would keep it because she said she can not afford, even though she bought it i just co-sign it, but now that i have it she wants me to give her the 1000 deposit that was put on the vehicle, can she do that?
i basically need to know when two people have a joint checking account and then break up can she sue me for the money she put in the account even though we were paying all the bills out of it? please advise

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">