• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Beth19666

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts.
My husband and I have been living seperatly for over 4 years now. I filed for seperation support Nov. 2002. I'm not planning at this time to file for divorce, he has been living in a nursing home now for the past year. He has hepititis C and cirrious so at this point it would not be in my best interest to divorce him. We have 4 kids two in college and two younger. My ? is if I we're to start dating is it adultry?

Jeter

If it wouldn't be in your best interest to divorce then what choice are you giving yourself? What difference does adultery make at this point when your ex has a terminal illness and you haven't been together in 4 yeears? Are you afraid he is going to take you to court, or is this a question of morality?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Jeter, a woman has certain "needs". She's just gotta have it, and the old index finger just don't cut it no more.

My only advice to the writer is - - don't "do it" with the guy in the next bed.

IAAL

B

Beth19666

Yes I'm afraid he's gonna take me to court, I threw him out of the house and filed for the seperation, doc's have been telling me he gonna die for 3 years now. He gets SSD, a pension, and workers comp. and at this point I have the upper hand. He's an alcoholic, drug addict and those were the grounds for seperation. We have been married for 23 years I put up with a lot so the kids could have all the material things. The seperation agreement we have is for child support for 4 kids, and half the mortage and taxes. The visitation is only if I say it's ok at the time, due to the fact that when he wasn't in the nursing home he was drunk and drugging all the time. If legal he could do something I wouldn't date I'd wait it out.

Jeter

So what, he takes you to court and then what? He has grounds for a divorce? He won't get the kids because you commited adultery. Their best interest isn't with him, it's with you. The guy is strapped with a death sentence. Hepatitis C has no cure. It's more lethal than AIDS. He's dead. Just date. You're in the driver's seat.

Jeter

IAAL, are you sure you're not from NY? You definately have the god given...... vulgar.....just downright audacity. It's beautiful. Your scenario reminds me of the woman who said to the guy she was trying to seduce:

"Why don't you come in and slip into something more comfortable."

"Like what?"

"Like me"

Jeter said:
IAAL, are you sure you're not from NY? You definately have the god given...... vulgar.....just downright audacity. It's beautiful. Your scenario reminds me of the woman who said to the guy she was trying to seduce:

"Why don't you come in and slip into something more comfortable."

"Like what?"

"Like me"
Talk about forward!! :)

S

sevengables

IAAL and Jeter

Thank God you guys aren't working for a "Rape Crisis Hotline!" You could REALLY do some damage there! The "tone" around this board has changed a lot since I was on it 6 months ago to say the least!'

S

sevengables

Jeter-IAAL

Disregard my comment......just came to this thread because it had more comments - thot i'd find some answers since my thread of recent hasn't been answered - am dealing w/QDRO and was having a "bad" day as I had just found out my soon to be ex had filed for alimony/atty fees (CA). You guys go ahead and have some fun......I'm just jealous I'm not having any fun!

Sorry!

Jeter

I'll check out your question and see if I have any valuable input. I already have the ex by the way, so I've been where you are and my agony over the fact that I said "I do" at the time is masqueraded by the joy I have at this forum, among other things!

S

sevengables

Thanks much Jeter! You have the right attitude....I'm still getting there! My post was the end of Oct/first part of Nov......can't remember and forgot to check before I posted this. I originally posted it for IAAL's attn as that's who i dealt with some time ago, but I guess he missed it. Any input will be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">