• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue because my wedding was ruined?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lxh

What is the name of your state? Arizona

On December 28, 2002 I married the love of my life. I had many dreams about my wedding and I knew what I wanted exactly. Because I was working on a tight budget and was very busy with school, work, and buying a house, I took a different route.

I took a package deal with a family owned business. I trusted this family because I had seen their work before. The package included everything that had to do with the reception: Music, Photos, Video, Food, Decorations, Cake, Hall, Limo, and Invitations.

All of this was on the contract except the small details like the color of the limo, type of music, type of decorations, and the cake flavor.

I made him specific lists of everything I wanted, but I didn't keep a copy of them.

On the wedding day, the limo color was different, the music was not what I had chosen, and the cake flavor was not what I wanted. I was able to accept all of these mistakes, because I was not expecting a perfect wedding. But what really killed me was that he had promotional business cards everywhere, including around my center pieces.

"Will you please do me a favor and remove you business cards from my center pieces. I find all of this promotion anti-professional" were my words. Was this a commercial or my wedding?

He and his wife, went crazy. "We are very professional, we have been doing this for 25 yrs. and no one has ever complained, not even millionaire familes. You are just a snotty little girl who is trying to be who she is not !"
They yelled in my face, in a very agressive manner.

"If you were so professional you would not be yelling at me in my face, in my wedding, in front of all of my guest."
was my response.

I became very upset because I had trusted them so much, and for them to insult me in the middle of my wedding, was the last strike. So many things went wrong because they wanted everything their way. But insulting your customer in front all their guest, is somethig a professional would never do, no matter what the circumstances.

He said I cannot sue him for the limo color because I rode in it, or the cake flavor because I ate it.

I want to sue them for the pain and suffering this has caused me, all I want is a refund because it was their fault my wedding was ruined.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You rode, you attended, you ate. You can't get "pain and suffering" in a contract dispute. You have no other damages, either. You're out of luck on this one. Did you at least have the basketball hoop on your side of the gymnasium?

You should have had a friend quietly going around to all the tables and just gather up all the business cards.

IAAL

L

lxh

Thank you guys

I just have been pressured by family and friends to do something because he has ruined many weddings.

After my wedding, I found out there has been at least five other weddings ruined. He and his wife get into arguments, insult the guests, and do a poor job in everything.

I just wish I could do something.

Jeter

Sweetie, you'll never get that day back but anyway your marriage isn't about the one wedding day, it's about having a great life together. Have a great life and you'll have a nice "wedding tragedy" story to laugh about and tell people for years to come. If you really want to make things right, wait until you have the funds and put together a nice wedding to renew your vows and include everything you missed the 1st time around.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Things That Went Wrong At Your Wedding - -

NUMBER 10: He whispers in your ear, "Tonight, you get to operate the winch."

NUMBER 9: Your bridesmaid comments to you, "I like this place. I hope you have your next wedding here."

NUMBER 8: "I don't see your name on the guest list, IAAL."

NUMBER 7: He responds, "I do . . . for now."

NUMBER 6: Your photographer had this sign taped to his back, "No kicking the wedding photographer in the groin."

NUMBER 5: Tiny words on your cake read, "30-day money back guarantee".

NUMBER 4: The band was terrible because they kept playing, "When a Man Loves Another Man Dressed Up as a Woman".

NUMBER 3: Your new wife insisted that the words, "Do you feel lucky, punk?," be incorporated into the wedding vows.

NUMBER 2: As your new husband is removing your garter belt, your mother says to him, "Enjoying the view there, buddy?"

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Thing That Went Wrong At Your Wedding - -

Some idiot in the back of the church screamed to your new husband as he was kissing you at the alter, "Go for it!"

IAAL

Jeter

My response:

Awwwwww . . . now, ain't that just the sweetest sentiment, Jeter!

Are you gay or something?

IAAL

A* - Sorry! I did get a bit sentimental there. I need to go shoot something or shave with a rusty beer can.

Don't act like I didn't bring a tear to your eye.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">