• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband forged my signature on divorce papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nsanders

What is the name of your state? texas
my husband never had me served and forged my name on all divorce papers and set a court date and fraudulently acquired a divorce from me in 2000. called district attorney and they said to take forged documents to police department and then have him picked up and arrested and they would take it from there. too long to tell why I waited. please help. would like some more advice before i do this. thank you.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You'd need to find out what the statute of limitations might be on something like this. But waiting likely didn't help you at all.

C

cyana

In DE the SOL for forgery is three years from the date you discovered the forgery not from the date on the forged document itself. So check your state laws for SOL for forgery and for discovery of the forgery. If you discovered the forgery sometime in 2000 the clock starts ticking then.

B

Boxcarbill

nsanders said:
What is the name of your state? texas
my husband never had me served and forged my name on all divorce papers and set a court date and fraudulently acquired a divorce from me in 2000. called district attorney and they said to take forged documents to police department and then have him picked up and arrested and they would take it from there. too long to tell why I waited. please help. would like some more advice before i do this. thank you.
You "would like some more advice"! Here is an opinion and a legal opinion at that: Your post fails the smell test. I rather suspect that you will get this same reaction if you should take this to the police department. Incidentally, the district attorney's office knows that all original documents--whether the Waiver of Citation or the Divorce Decree are all in the official file in the courthouse. Whatever documents you may have are copies. So much for "take the forged documents to the police department!"

Last edited:
N

nsanders

I do not know the problem of the last person who wrote in but...to the real people who are serious and care... the Statute of Limitations in Texas in 10 years. I have now been working with an attorney. I passed the "smell test" with him as well as the police department and my husband has been arrested for forgery. He also threatened me and has charges against him for that as well. Our divorce is considered voided and we have to go through the whole mess again. I hope this helps the real people who need it and not the jerks who think they know it all and need to sound big and make ridiculous accusations. And whether you have a copy of a forged document or the real one, you can take either to the police department and it is handled from there through legal channels. Good luck to anyone who is going through the same thing.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">