• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE READ! QDROS, Attorney problem -- HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SparxDragonfly

I live in California.

My dad has a serious problem with my mom's attorney, who keeps incorrectly filing papers. Her attorney writes down the wrong things in the Orders he makes, and then does not send them to my dad to sign and agree as to form and content before the attorney files them with the court. Recently the attorney wrote up an order regarding my dad's QDROs that was not correct and helped my mom steal an extra $10,000 more than she was entitled to.

Anyway, first off my dad needs to do something about the attorney. Can my dad file contempt against the attorney, or does he have to go about it a different way? One of the contempt issues is that the court ordered my mom's attorney to fix the QDROs that he messed up. That was a year ago and it still hasn't been fixed. Also, my dad seems to think that the only way he's going to get that money back now is to cash out his retirement, I'm not exactly sure what he called it, but he says that if he does it then my mom will have to give him the $10,000 in cash. Will this work? Is there a better way?

Also, we have been trying to find an attorney to help my dad, but my dad is spending all of his money raising me and my brother, and so he can't realy afford to pay the retainer. However, he has an order that says if he has to take the attorney back to court for this again, he can get attorney's fees and costs.

I could use all the help I can get here!

Post or e-mail me:

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">