• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Probate Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miaguy

What is the name of your state? Florida.

Last year a man died. He has several siblings and several heirs. He left property and money exceeding 1 MIL! Anyway, my question is: Apparently his sister got a hold of one bank account with a substancial amount of money. I presume that maybe he left her as benefficiary because she is spending the money like is Christmas. I wonder if that can be included in the probate? She just bought a 2000+ sq feet home in a nice suburb. This person does not work! Any anwers will be apreciated.

Dandy Don

The question should be WHEN did she get ahold of the money--before or after he died? Is she official executor of the estate? Is a will being probated? Is it possible she could have gotten power of attorney before he died?

Have you checked at the county courthouse probate court to see if a will has been filed or not--normally that is done within 30 days after the death?

Don't just automatically give up until you find out more information!

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">