• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spinarski

What is the name of your state? california
:confused: my husbands dad passed away august 4 2003,
his sister is the executor of his estate, there are no problems there, but what we'd like to know is this....his dad atttorney sent aw-9 form for him to fill out a few weeks ago, in the process of settling the will, does that mean the disbursement will be coming shortly, nobody is contesting the will, so there are no problems there.
his sister said there will be a small disbursement in dec, and a larger disbursment sometime in 2004 , why would there be two seperate disbursements?
also, does the w-9 form mean that they are close to the final stages of the probate?
my father in law didnt owe any creditors and like i said, nobody is contesting the will...please respond...thank you.
viv

Dandy Don

Yes, the W9 form could be an indication that disbursement is going to be done soon. You need to be asking the sister why the other disbursement will be occurring at the future date, since she is the one with the information. Try to get as specific an answer as possible about the type of asset that the money is coming from. If she is not telling the truth it might be a way to steal money from the estate and stall for time in the hopes of putting you all off the trail until it is too late to do anything.

Ask her if there is a trust and is that where the money coming from or is everything coming from probating of the will.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

S

spinarski

THANK YOU

DANDY DON,
what i know about my father in laws will, is that he left 990,000$
divided by five children, some of his assets were tied up in mutual funds, which needed to mature, and are finally in the trust fund,he also had a home that was sold , i am not sure if the sale of that house is in the trust fund yet, but i think that it is. my father in law was very wise when it came to money, and none of the children had to do anything to take care of funeral arrangements, etc... and knowing my sisterin law for 21 years, everyone agrees that she is the best person to handle the will and what comes with it, she wasnt sure what the w-9 form meant, thought it had something to do with inheiritence taxes.
thank you for the advice, though, i will tell my husband to talk to her about the two seperate disbursements,and ask her why there is supposed to be two instead of one.
thank you again for responding so quickly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">