• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do Not Call List?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TRAYCH

What is the name of your state? WI I am considering starting a business going to home buyers with advertisements from paying advertisers (to me) for products & services the home owners may be able to use. I would get feedback for each advertisement and take this feedback/data and submit it to the advertiser with information on the homeowner/address, phone no (if available) and comments so the advertiser can follow up with the home owner. Would this be violating a do not call list should the advertiser then decide to call the home owner who may have expressed interest in their product or service? thanks!

Last edited:

Jeter

Any telemarketing call to a resident on the list encouraging purchase of property, goods or services for commercial reasons is breaking the do not call list law, unless the person gives express invitation or permission to call.

The exceptions are as follows:

1. Calls made to a current client. A current client is a person who has a current agreement to receive, from the call or the person on whose behalf the call is made, property, goods or services of the same type promoted by the call.

2. Calls made to customers who have given you prior express invitation or permission to call.

3. Calls encouraging the customer to donate property, goods or services to a "nonprofit organization."

4. Calls encouraging the customer to purchase property, goods or services from a "nonprofit organization" unless sale proceeds are subject to Wisconsin sales tax or federal income tax.

5. Calls made for noncommercial purposes such as polls, surveys and political purposes.

6. Calls made to a number listed in the current local business telephone directory.

7. A call made by an individual acting on his or her own behalf, and not as an employee or agent of any other person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">