• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property etc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2timearound

What is the name of your state? co
i have been married for 16 years filed for divorce on my own he has a drinking and a drug problem for all these years and hasn't been able to keep a job for very long until recently since he had to after i moved out. when i left i took only clothes with me he agreed to let me have things but i forgot about some things and talked with him about it and he said that we would talk about it now he won't even give me any of the stuff that he agreed to in the paperwork. the house he is living in is owned by my dad and i want to be able to go over there with my dad when he is not home and take the stuff talked with a local police officer and he said if i have a key to get in then i could (he has told me if i step onto the property that he would have me arressted for tresspassing and breaking and entering) can he do that should i go over there when he is not home his girlfriend that he has has a drinking and drug problem also
he has just told me that a company is suing us over a bill that he had when he had his business open it was not even something i knew that he had done until after it was over can they do that what recorse do i have against him (they will find me first cause he works as a sub contractor and pays his own taxes)
please help there is also much more to this with many other ? that i have

VeronicaGia

Is your divorce final? What does the decree say about the property? If your father is the sole owner of the property he should look into legally evicting him from the property.

2timearound

property

VeronicaGia said:
Is your divorce final? What does the decree say about the property? If your father is the sole owner of the property he should look into legally evicting him from the property.
no the divorce is not final until the end of the month. We have looked into and he served him with evication notice to be out by the 1st of dec and he has vowed to fight it unless he lets him stay until the end of jan because him and the gitl don't want to move during the holidays the decree dosen't say anything about how i am to get my stuff out of the house if he is being a big fat jerk about

VeronicaGia

Does he have a signed lease with your father? Do you have a lease? Did you both sign a lease? Your father will run into problems if there is a lease that goes beyond December 1st, unless your father can show cause as to why he should be evicted (such as non-payment of rent).

2timearound

no we do not have lease signed by either one of us. The reason he got the eviction notice is because I have been the one making the house payments and he has not been willing to help pay any on it

VeronicaGia

2timearound said:
no we do not have lease signed by either one of us. The reason he got the eviction notice is because I have been the one making the house payments and he has not been willing to help pay any on it
Then you should stop paying it, have your father follow through on a legal eviction, and move back in after your father changes the locks.

2timearound

that is the plan to give him even until the 6 to get out and then he will be removed. If some of the items (some of the big and some not) the day that I go and get my stuff if I take them how much trouble am I going to get into. Several are items that my parents bought for us and some are just things that mean more to me than it would to him. I had been out of the house for so long that many of these items were just forgotten in haste to get things filed

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">