• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drivers Permit & EX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Soupy

What is the name of your state? AZ

My 15 & 8 mo. old would like to get her drivers permit. I share legal custody with my ex and she needs his signature to get the permit and her Lic. at 16. He has refused to sign because he doesnt want to be held responsible "incase" she gets into an accident. He wants her to wait till she is 18. She lives with me and he has hardly seen her in the 15 years that we have been divorced. I am remarried and have been for 11 years and we feel she is mature enough and responsible. She has bought her own car and fixed it with money she has earned. She also paid for her own tags and to have the car insured (even though she cant be added to the insurance till she get her lic.) She gets good grades, meets all her responsibilities plus some. She has already took DR.ED and passed it with an A. She doesnt drink, smoke or drugs. She is a great daughter. She just wants to have what every teen has... And her stepdad and I feel she deserves it. Is there anything I can do legally?

VeronicaGia

You can try to go for sole legal custody, thereby making you solely responsible for anything that may happen. Let a judge decide. I will say though that a judge may not look at this as a reason to change custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">