• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Investor trying to beat me!!! Need help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hamzamu1

What is the name of your state? VA

I am starting a small business and it's going to cost me $10,000. I will be the sole proprietor of my business. I have someone who wants to invest $5,000 and is wanting 40% of my profits!! Now I am not crazy and will not do it but I want to know how investments are usually done, what percentage do they get for investing half the startup costs and for how long. Can someone please help me out???

Thanks a bunch..

HomeGuru

hamzamu1 said:

I am starting a small business and it's going to cost me $10,000. I will be the sole proprietor of my business. I have someone who wants to invest $5,000 and is wanting 40% of my profits!! Now I am not crazy and will not do it but I want to know how investments are usually done, what percentage do they get for investing half the startup costs and for how long. Can someone please help me out???

Thanks a bunch..
**A: everything is negotiated and there are no set percentages by law on a private small biz such as yours.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hamzamu1 said:

Thanks a bunch..

My response:

Go to you local public library, and look for a good book on the subject in the "Business" stacks section.

You and the investor can negotiate any deal you and he wants.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">