• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kellykay1115

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

My grandfather died on Sunday, in his will he NOMINATED my two uncles as co-personal representatives of his will. (there are seven children total). There haven't been any "official" documents filed with the courthouse assigning my uncle's to this post.

I found out that on Monday morning that one of my uncle's sold my grandfather's commodities.

What kind of law did he violate and what can I do about it? I am a beneficiary.:confused:

nextwife

Good grief. He only died Sunday.

Well, you didn't say if the uncle who liquidated the account was one of those named as co- PRs. If he is, perhaps he is liquidating certain accounts in accordance with the will (the market DID have an UP week, so the timing wouldn't have been bad) to pay for your Grandfather's medical and burial expenses? No one inherits anything until the estates debts are paid off. Yes, he may have acted prematurely, but not necessarily contrary to the intent of the will. You don't know yet that he did anything to get upset over.

Are you certain he has not taken the will in for filing?

Last edited:
K

kellykay1115

he is listed as a co-pr and i know for a fact there has been nothing filed. i was told all assets are froze for the 21 days after death?

Dandy Don

Just be patient--he will be filing the will in due time, probably within 30 days after the death occurred. Depending on how many other probate cases need to be heard by the court and how simple or complicated the estate assets are, it may take a few months before you get your money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">