• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

milena_74

What is the name of your state? florida
I have lived in florida for 3 years now
i have two children and I'm still legally married, but have been separated to my children's father since sept of 1999, which lives in the state of california.
recently i was served with divorce papers from him, which were filed in the California. he asks for joint custody and physical custody of our children.... which i'm not ok with.. we can both have joint custody, but not physical... so i want to counterpetition that part as well

my question is: can i answer with a change of venue in order for them( the court of california) to drop the case in california, so i can start a case here in florida? or can i file a response here in the state of florida and have my husband served in California?

please help thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">