• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are forensic accountants reliable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brock Westfield

What is the name of your state? VA

I am certain that my husband is hiding money while we are currently separated. Would hiring a forensic accountant be a wise choice? he certainly doesn't want to part with half of his 401K and retirement so I predict he is finding ways to get rid of some of it. Any idea how much accountants charge? is it possible for them to track down hidden purchases like stocks?

2timearound

A good accountant can charge up to $250.00 an hour. You can track them down however he would need someone to be covering for him. Girlfriend, family, friends I would check the local phone book and see a lawyer first before an accountant because they could at least tell you really where to start. If he is having it taken out of his paycheck that is really easy to track if it something after the fact well without knowing who is helping him it could be very hard. He could say I gave loans, they borrowed etc in order not to have to give you half of it. Are you divorced yet? If not it is easier to try and get this done now then to have to go back and get it later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">