• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Irrevocable trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunshine2121

What is the name of your state? florida

my spouses' grandmother died. left a will and willed a house to my spouse. will was kicked out. house became property of her only child(spouses' dad). my spouse in turn asks dad to place house in irrevocable trust . dad agrees. my spouse and i live in the house at this time and both pay expenses on the house. my spouses' dad whom is legal owner of the house until the transfer has not paid any money for taxes or other repairs on the house since the death of grandmom. can this house be put into a irrevocable trust with my spouse as trustee without my legal consent since we are married and live in the house together? and is this property to be considered community property in the state of florida?

nextwife

"can this house be put into a irrevocable trust with my spouse as trustee without my legal consent since we are married and live in the house together?

The property is not at this time EITHER yours or your spouses. The court determined it was spouses Dad's. Spouses dad is free to transfer the property to whomever he wishes. And your spouse is being named as trustee, I've never heard that being appointed a trustee requires spousal consent.

You both merely reside there right now. At this point, you are both still merely tenants, not owners, and any improvements do not vest ownership rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">