• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shedevil25275

What is the name of your state? tn...If a man has been convicted of a felony charge that had to do with whipping and bruising children could he or his partner be charged with anything if he is involved with a woman that has children?

The It

If there are further beatings, they may be considered accomplices if they witnessed them and he could be facing new charges if new accusations are made and founded. But, he cannot be charged with beating children just because he is with a woman with children.

I don't think they have a "felony relationship" law in TN.

S

shedevil25275

The It said:
If there are further beatings, they may be considered accomplices if they witnessed them and he could be facing new charges if new accusations are made and founded. But, he cannot be charged with beating children just because he is with a woman with children.

I don't think they have a "felony relationship" law in TN.
Are you knowledgeable in the law?? This happened along time ago and other accusations were made but that was all that they could prove happened because they did not deny that. Now the people that were involved want to be together but are not sure about the law were the kids are involved ......... the kids come first. They do not remember it at all they were young. He got the short end of the stick and it is a long story but I am just trying to find out if anyone can do anything. The kids are old enought to speak up for themselves and not be baggered to say what anothers wants. I just did not know if they anyone could try to take the kids if the two got back together.

dequeendistress

This person has a felony conviction of child maltreatment?

The persons name should be on the state registry and also he may not be allowed around children.

Contact the district attorneys office and inquire of the stipulations of the conviction (sentence)

T

THXFelicia

to Shedevil--Yes, if a man has a felony conviction involving child abuse/neglect, and has been ordered to not have contact with either the victim (s), and/or any other minor, then he can get into trouble if involved with a woman who has children. Just because the kids don't remember what happened, it does not make the abuse somehow o.k. How did the convicted abuser get the short-end of the stick, esp. since 'he admitted to only what they could prove'? Why does the woman want to get back together with a man that abused her child? I ask this as a woman who had her child abused--and cannot fathom wanting the loser back. My case, for example--ex is only granted supervised visits with my child--so if I just decided out of the blue to get back with him, then yes, we both could get into trouble. If a case was made, then Dss would have most likely took more serious action against both parents if they knew that the non-abusive parent planned to 'forgive' the abusive parent--and rightly so. ( Like put the child into foster care--if a parent is willing to accept the abusive behavior of their mate against their child, are they really looking out for the best interest of the child?)So, yes--if the two original parents involved in the case get involved again--Dss can definitely get involved again--esp. if the abuser did not follow through with the court ordered therapy, classes, etc. How is the abusive parent being a part of their day to day life putting the 'kid's first'? If being together again is that important, than I am sure socoial services has a reunification plan for the couple.

To dequeendistress--you mentioned a state registry for child maltreatment--I had not heard of this before. I thought only a sex offender's list existed. How do I access this state registry for maltreatment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">